Home / News

19 Nov 2020

2021 Andalucía Bike Race 2021: registrations open

Promotional entry fee for the first 50 pairs registered for 650€ with full payment

Andalucía Bike Race presented by Caja Rural Jaén 2021 will be held from 20 to 25 April, from Tuesday to Sunday. An edition that will be marked by a return to its origins, recovering the initial format of pairs and which will ascend for the second consecutive year to the top category of the UCI, the UCI MTB Marathon Series, a calendar that has 8 top World events.

The competition will continue having 6 stages in 4 venues, covering in the first three stages the province of Jaén and in the last three, the province of Córdoba, consisting of one stage time trial (XCT) and five marathon stages (XCM). The route, which is redesigned every year, will be more than 300 km with 10,000 metres of climbing.

 

  REGISTRATION

Registration is limited to 600 entries (300 pairs), and will be available until 13 April or until all available places have sold-out. In this edition we offer a new method of fractioned payment. Registration for 2021 starts today, Thursday November 19, with a special entry fee for the first 50 pairs for 650€ per couple if the single payment option is chosen and is made before 7th January 2021 or until these 50 registrations are filled. If you chose the fractioned payment, you must paid a first part of 462€ at the time of registration (60% of the total amount) and by bank transfer and before March 21st, the remaining 40% (308€) with a final price of 770€ until January 7th.

Check the regulation for full details of prices and dates, HERE.

The registrations will be made directly on the official website of the competition, www.andaluciabikerace.com, having to make a single double registration (adding the personal data of the two riders) and payment by couple.

 

 MIXED CATEGORY

As a novelty, a new mixed category has been incorporated which can be composed of a woman and a man, in addition to the other categories that remain in force: Male and female elite, male Master 30, 40 and 50 and female Master.  

 

  COVID-19 SECURITY PROTOCOL

A Covid-19 security protocol is incorporated that will align all the measures to protect and ensure the safety of participants. All riders must take three antigen tests (during the number’s pick up, after the third stage and at the end of the competition) that is not include on the registration fee. It will be mandatory to use a mask anytime, whether indoor or outdoor areas, except when they are competing. All participants must go through the temperature control before any departure and before entering any enclosure, being mandatory a temperature below 37.3 º C to compete. The organization will appoint a person to ensure compliance with this protocol.

All riders of Andalucía Bike Race presented by Caja Rural Jaén 2021 have to read and accept the information document about the Covid-19 security protocol before registering, which is an essential condition to take part in the race. 

 

 UCI MTB MARATHON SERIES

The International Cycling Union (UCI) awards and positions Andalucía Bike Race at the highest world level as the most important mountain bike stage race in Spain and the only one in Europe, after ascending to Hors Catégorie (SHC) last year and awarding it a place in the UCI MTB Marathon Series for this edition. The new marathon circuit called UCI MTB Marathon Series will have a calendar of 8 world events in seven countries, with 2 stage competitions in pairs and 6 one-day singles. Check the calendar of the new circuit here.

 

  MORE THAN MOUNTAIN BIKE

Andalucía Bike Race is more than mountain bike because unites professional cyclists with amateur cyclists racing at the same time in the same route. What a feeling! Andalucía Bike Race stands out for its fun, incredible routes and the history and culture surrounding the Andalusian provinces of Córdoba and Jaén.

Octagon

Organisers

Sponsors

Institutions

Official Media